Reporter Symantec Security Response
Multiple Intel Processors are prone to multiple security vulnerabilities. A local attacker can leverage these issues to obtain sensitive information, gain elevated privileges and cause denial of service conditions. This may aid in further attacks.
- Intel 6th generation Core processors
- Intel 7th generation Core processors
- Intel 8th Generation Core i9 Processors
- Intel 8th generation Core processors
- Intel 9th Generation Core i9 Processors
- Intel 9th generation Core processors
- Intel Xeon D Processor
- Intel Xeon Processor E
- Intel Xeon Processor E3 v5 Family
- Intel Xeon Processor E3 v6 Family
- Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family
- Intel Xeon Scalable Processors 2nd Generation
- Intel Xeon W Processor
Permit local access for trusted individuals only. Where possible, use restricted environments and restricted shells.
Ensure that only trusted users have local, interactive access to affected computers.
Updates are available. Please see the references or vendor advisory for more information.