Lenovo Security Advisory: LEN-29863
Potential Impact: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure
Scope of Impact: Industry-wide
CVE Identifier: CVE-2019-14607
Intel reported a potential security vulnerability in multiple Intel processors may allow escalation of privilege, denial of service, information disclosure
Mitigation Strategy for Customers (what you should do to protect yourself):
Intel recommends updating to the firmware version indicated for your model in the Product Impact section below.
To download the version specified for your product below, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Drivers & Software support site for your product:
- Lenovo Products (sold worldwide, except in China): https://support.lenovo.com/
- Lenovo Products (sold in China): <https://newsupport.lenovo.com.cn/>
- IBM-branded System x Legacy Products: <https://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/>
- Search for your product by name or machine type.
- Click Drivers & Software on the left menu panel.
- Click on Manual Update to browse by Component type.
- Compare the minimum fix version for your product from the applicable product table below with the latest version posted on the support site.
Lenovo also offers tools to assist with update management as an alternative to the manual steps described above. Refer to the following for additional help:
- PC Products and Software: <https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht504759>
- Server and Enterprise Software: <https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/lnvo-lxcaupd> and <https://datacentersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/lnvo-center>