The SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 SP4 kernel was updated to receive various
security and bugfixes.
The following security bugs were fixed:
- CVE-2017-1000364: The default stack guard page was too small and could
be "jumped over" by userland programs using more than one page of stack
in functions and so lead to memory corruption. This update extends the
stack guard page to 1 MB (for 4k pages) and 16 MB (for 64k pages) to
reduce this attack vector. This is not a kernel bugfix, but a hardening
measure against this kind of userland attack.(bsc#1039348)
The following non-security bugs were fixed:
- fnic now returns 'DID_IMM_RETRY' if rport is not ready (bsc#1035920).
- fnic is now using rport->dd_data to check if rport is online instead of
- The rport check location in fnic_queuecommand_lck was corrected
- xfs: remove patches that caused regression (bsc#1043234).
- mm: enlarge stack guard gap (bnc#1039348, CVE-2017-1000364, bnc#1042921).
- PCI: Allow access to VPD attributes with size 0 (bsc#1018074).