TITLE: IBM Lotus Domino Denial of Service and Unspecified Vulnerabilities
SECUNIA ADVISORY ID: SA17429
VERIFY ADVISORY: http://secunia.com/advisories/17429/
CRITICAL: Moderately critical
IMPACT: Unknown, DoS
WHERE: >From remote
SOFTWARE: IBM Lotus Domino 6.x http://secunia.com/product/720/
DESCRIPTION: Some vulnerabilities have been reported in Lotus Domino, which potentially can be exploited by malicious users to cause a DoS (Denial of Service), or with unknown impact.
1) An error exists in the handling of mail rules creation in DWA (Domino Web Access). This can be exploited to crash the Domino server by creating more than 150 rule documents in the mail database.
2) An error in the Out-Of-Office Agent when processing a message with a From field greater than 256 characters may be exploited to crash the Agent Manager.
3) Unspecified security issues in Agents and in MIME to CD conversion may be exploited with unknown impacts.
4) An error in the handling of invalid http addresses in DWA may be exploited to crash the http server.
5) An error exists in the mail router when handling a document in the user's mail box that contains an invalid attachment. This may be exploited to crash the mail router when the router attempts to send the document out via SMTP.
6) An error exists in Update Task when updating views in the Domino Directory that contains a user's Person document. This may be exploited to crash the Domino server via a Person document with a FullName field that is a string of spaces or when it is longer than 256 characters.
SOLUTION: Update to version 6.5.4 Fix Pack 2. http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/search.jsp?dt=SOFTWARE+UPDATE&q=Domino%20server
PROVIDED AND/OR DISCOVERED BY: Reported by vendor.
ORIGINAL ADVISORY: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/r5fixlist.nsf/8c4f0b18f61ab80585256cb400719709/59999026d2bf23e8852570a5006b0a5d?OpenDocument http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21217930 http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21178185 http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=sim4258394eaa824f2c08525708a004209d3 http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=sim40e6ec9da8a301a718525709200001dd0 http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=sim4d1150fc9c5dec8b18525709200001da6 http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21214760 http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21208673 http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21206493
About: This Advisory was delivered by Secunia as a free service to help everybody keeping their systems up to date against the latest vulnerabilities.
Definitions: (Criticality, Where etc.) http://secunia.com/about_secunia_advisories/
Please Note: Secunia recommends that you verify all advisories you receive by clicking the link. Secunia NEVER sends attached files with advisories. Secunia does not advise people to install third party patches, only use those supplied by the vendor.