Reporter Symantec Security Response
Microsoft Windows is prone to a local information-disclosure vulnerability. A local attacker can leverage this issue to disclose sensitive information that may aid in further attacks.
- Microsoft Windows 7 for 32-bit Systems SP1
- Microsoft Windows 7 for x64-based Systems SP1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-based Systems SP1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems SP1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 for 32-bit Systems SP2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 for Itanium-based Systems SP2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 for x64-based Systems SP2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Permit local access for trusted individuals only. Where possible, use restricted environments and restricted shells.
Ensure that only trusted users have local, interactive access to affected computers.
Updates are available. Please see the references or vendor advisory for more information.