This update for xen fixes several issues.
These security issues were fixed:
- bsc#1068187: Failure to recognize errors in the Populate on Demand (PoD)
code allowed for DoS (XSA-246)
- bsc#1068191: Missing p2m error checking in PoD code allowed unprivileged
guests to retain a writable mapping of freed memory leading to
information leaks, privilege escalation or DoS (XSA-247).
- CVE-2017-15289: The mode4and5 write functions allowed local OS guest
privileged users to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds write
access and Qemu process crash) via vectors related to dst calculation
- CVE-2017-15597: A grant copy operation being done on a grant of a dying
domain allowed a malicious guest administrator to corrupt hypervisor
memory, allowing for DoS or potentially privilege escalation and
information leaks (bsc#1061075).
- CVE-2017-15595: x86 PV guest OS users were able to cause a DoS
(unbounded recursion, stack consumption, and hypervisor crash) or
possibly gain privileges via crafted page-table stacking (bsc#1061081).
- CVE-2017-15592: x86 HVM guest OS users were able to cause a DoS
(hypervisor crash) or possibly gain privileges because self-linear
shadow mappings were mishandled for translated guests (bsc#1061086).
- CVE-2017-13672: The VGA display emulator support allowed local guest OS
privileged users to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds read and
QEMU process crash) via vectors involving display update (bsc#1056336)
This non-security issue was fixed:
- bsc#1055047: Fixed --initrd-inject option in virt-install