This update for xen fixes several issues.
These security issues were fixed:
- CVE-2017-14316: Missing bound check in function
an internal array allowed attackers using crafted hypercalls to execute
arbitrary code within Xen (XSA-231, bsc#1056278)
- CVE-2017-14318: The function __gnttab_cache_flush missed a check for
grant tables, allowing a malicious guest to crash the host or for x86 PV
guests to potentially escalate privileges (XSA-232, bsc#1056280)
- CVE-2017-14317: A race in cxenstored may have cause a double-free
allowind for DoS of the xenstored daemon (XSA-233, bsc#1056281).
- CVE-2017-14319: An error while handling grant mappings allowed malicious
or buggy x86 PV guest to escalate its privileges or crash the hypervisor
These non-security issues were fixed:
- bsc#1057358: Fixed boot into SUSE Linux Enterprise 12.3 with secure boot
- bsc#1055695: Fixed restoring updates for HVM guests for ballooned domUs