This update for the Linux Kernel 4.4.59-92_20 fixes several issues.
The following security bugs were fixed:
- CVE-2017-7533: A bug in inotify code allowed local users to escalate
- CVE-2017-8797: The NFSv4 server in the Linux kernel did not properly
validate the layout type when processing the NFSv4 pNFS GETDEVICEINFO or
LAYOUTGET operand in a UDP packet from a remote attacker. This type
value is uninitialized upon encountering certain error conditions. This
value is used as an array index for dereferencing, which leads to an
OOPS and eventually a DoS of knfsd and a soft-lockup of the whole system
- CVE-2017-7645: The NFSv2/NFSv3 server in the nfsd subsystem in the Linux
kernel allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (system
crash) via a long RPC reply, related to net/sunrpc/svc.c,
fs/nfsd/nfs3xdr.c, and fs/nfsd/nfsxdr.c (bsc#1046191).
- CVE-2017-9242: The __ip6_append_data function in net/ipv6/ip6_output.c
in the Linux kernel is too late in checking whether an overwrite of an
skb data structure may occur, which allowed local users to cause a
denial of service (system crash) via crafted system calls (bsc#1042892).
- CVE-2017-9077: The tcp_v6_syn_recv_sock function in net/ipv6/tcp_ipv6.c
in the Linux kernel mishandled inheritance, which allowed local users to
cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact via
crafted system calls, a related issue to CVE-2017-8890 (bsc#1042364).
- CVE-2017-8890: The inet_csk_clone_lock function in
net/ipv4/inet_connection_sock.c in the Linux kernel allowed attackers to
cause a denial of service (double free) or possibly have unspecified
other impact by leveraging use of the accept system call (bsc#1038564).
The following non-security bug was fixed:
- Fix for a btrfs deadlock between btrfs-cleaner and user space thread
regression, which could cause spurious WARN_ON's from
fs/btrfs/qgroup.c:1445 during patch application if BTRFS quota groups
are enabled. (bsc#1047518)