An update that solves 8 vulnerabilities and has two fixes
is now available.
This update for ansible to version 2.9.6 fixes the following issues:
Security issues fixed:
- CVE-2019-14904: Fixed a vulnerability in solaris_zone module via crafted
solaris zone (boo#1157968).
- CVE-2019-14905: Fixed an issue where malicious code could craft filename
in nxos_file_copy module (boo#1157969).
- CVE-2019-14864: Fixed Splunk and Sumologic callback plugins leak
sensitive data in logs (boo#1154830).
- CVE-2019-14846: Fixed secrets disclosure on logs due to display is
hardcoded to DEBUG level (boo#1153452)
- CVE-2019-14856: Fixed insufficient fix for CVE-2019-10206 (boo#1154232)
- CVE-2019-14858: Fixed data in the sub parameter fields that will not be
masked and will be displayed when run with increased verbosity
- CVE-2019-10206: ansible-playbook -k and ansible cli tools prompt
passwords by expanding them from templates as they could contain special
characters. Passwords should be wrapped to prevent templates trigger and
exposing them. (boo#1142690)
- CVE-2019-10217: Fields managing sensitive data should be set as such by
no_log feature. Some of these fields in GCP modules are not set
properly. service_account_contents() which is common class for all gcp
modules is not setting no_log to True. Any sensitive data managed by
that function would be leak as an output when running ansible playbooks.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product: