This update for putty fixes the following issues:
Update to new upstream release 0.71 [boo#1129633]
- CVE-2019-9894: Fixed a remotely triggerable memory overwrite in RSA key
exchange, which can occur before host key verification potential
recycling of random numbers used in cryptography.
- CVE-2019-9895: Fixed a remotely triggerable buffer overflow in any kind
of server-to-client forwarding.
- CVE-2019-9897: Fixed multiple denial-of-service attacks that can be
triggered by writing to the terminal.
- CVE-2019-9898: Fixed potential recycling of random numbers used in
- CVE-2019-9896 (Windows only): Fixed hijacking by a malicious help file
in the same directory as the executable
- Major rewrite of the crypto code to remove cache and timing side
This update was imported from the openSUSE:Leap:15.0:Update update project.