This update for nginx fixes the following issues:
nginx was updated to 1.14.2:
- Bugfix: nginx could not be built on Fedora 28 Linux.
- Bugfix: in handling of client addresses when using unix domain listen
sockets to work with datagrams on Linux.
- Change: the logging level of the "http request", "https proxy request",
"unsupported protocol", "version too low", "no suitable key share", and
"no suitable signature algorithm" SSL errors has been lowered from
"crit" to "info".
- Bugfix: when using OpenSSL 1.1.0 or newer it was not possible to switch
off "ssl_prefer_server_ciphers" in a virtual server if it was switched
on in the default server.
- Bugfix: nginx could not be built with LibreSSL 2.8.0.
- Bugfix: if nginx was built with OpenSSL 1.1.0 and used with OpenSSL
1.1.1, the TLS 1.3 protocol was always enabled.
- Bugfix: sending a disk-buffered request body to a gRPC backend might
- Bugfix: connections with some gRPC backends might not be cached when
using the "keepalive" directive.
- Bugfix: a segmentation fault might occur in a worker process if the
ngx_http_mp4_module was used on 32-bit platforms.
Changes with nginx 1.14.1:
- Security: when using HTTP/2 a client might cause excessive memory
consumption (CVE-2018-16843) and CPU usage (CVE-2018-16844).
- Security: processing of a specially crafted mp4 file with the
ngx_http_mp4_module might result in worker process memory disclosure
- Bugfix: working with gRPC backends might result in excessive memory
Changes with nginx 1.13.12:
- Bugfix: connections with gRPC backends might be closed unexpectedly when
returning a large response.
Changes with nginx 1.13.10
- Feature: the "set" parameter of the "include" SSI directive now allows
writing arbitrary responses to a variable; the
"subrequest_output_buffer_size" directive defines maximum response size.
- Feature: now nginx uses clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC) if available, to
avoid timeouts being incorrectly triggered on system time changes.
- Feature: the "escape=none" parameter of the "log_format" directive.
Thanks to Johannes Baiter and Calin Don.
- Feature: the $ssl_preread_alpn_protocols variable in the
- Feature: the ngx_http_grpc_module.
- Bugfix: in memory allocation error handling in the "geo" directive.
- Bugfix: when using variables in the "auth_basic_user_file" directive a
null character might appear in logs. Thanks to Vadim Filimonov.