This update for systemd provides the following fixes:
Security issues fixed:
- CVE-2018-16864, CVE-2018-16865: Fixed two memory corruptions through
attacker-controlled alloca()s (bsc#1120323)
- CVE-2018-16866: Fixed an information leak in journald (bsc#1120323)
- CVE-2018-6954: Fix mishandling of symlinks present in non-terminal path
- Fixed an issue during system startup in relation to encrypted swap disks
Non-security issues fixed:
- pam_systemd: Fix 'Cannot create session: Already running in a session'
- systemd-vconsole-setup: vconsole setup fails, fonts will not be copied
to tty (bsc#1114933)
- systemd-tmpfiles-setup: symlinked /tmp to /var/tmp breaking multiple
- Fixed installation issue with /etc/machine-id during update (bsc#1117063)
- btrfs: qgroups are assigned to parent qgroups after reboot (bsc#1093753)
- logind: Stop managing VT switches if no sessions are registered on that
- udev: Downgrade message when settting inotify watch up fails.
- udev: Ignore the exit code of systemd-detect-virt for memory hot-add.
In SLE-12-SP3, 80-hotplug-cpu-mem.rules has a memory hot-add rule that
uses systemd-detect-virt to detect non-zvm environment. The
systemd-detect-virt returns exit failure code when it detected none
state. The exit failure code causes that the hot-add memory block can
not be set to online. (bsc#1076696)
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.