This update for zsh to version 5.5 fixes the following issues:
Security issues fixed:
- CVE-2018-1100: Fixes a buffer overflow in utils.c:checkmailpath() that
can lead to local arbitrary code execution (bsc#1089030)
- CVE-2018-1071: Fixed a stack-based buffer overflow in exec.c:hashcmd()
- CVE-2018-1083: Fixed a stack-based buffer overflow in
gen_matches_files() at compctl.c (bsc#1087026)
Non-security issues fixed:
- The effect of the NO_INTERACTIVE_COMMENTS option extends into $(...) and
... command substitutions when used on the command line.
- The 'exec' and 'command' precommand modifiers, and options to them, are
now parsed after parameter expansion.
- Functions executed by ZLE widgets no longer have their standard input
closed, but redirected from /dev/null instead.
- There is an option WARN_NESTED_VAR, a companion to the existing
WARN_CREATE_GLOBAL that causes a warning if a function updates a
variable from an enclosing scope without using typeset -g.
- zmodload now has an option -s to be silent on a failure to find a module
but still print other errors.
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.