This update for xen to version 4.7.4 (bsc#1027519) fixes several issues.
This new feature was added:
- Support migration of HVM domains larger than 1 TB
These security issues were fixed:
- bsc#1068187: Failure to recognize errors in the Populate on Demand (PoD)
code allowed for DoS (XSA-246)
- bsc#1068191: Missing p2m error checking in PoD code allowed unprivileged
guests to retain a writable mapping of freed memory leading to
information leaks, privilege escalation or DoS (XSA-247).
- CVE-2017-15289: The mode4and5 write functions allowed local OS guest
privileged users to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds write
access and Qemu process crash) via vectors related to dst calculation
- CVE-2017-15597: A grant copy operation being done on a grant of a dying
domain allowed a malicious guest administrator to corrupt hypervisor
memory, allowing for DoS or potentially privilege escalation and
information leaks (bsc#1061075).
This non-security issue was fixed:
- bsc#1055047: Fixed --initrd-inject option in virt-install
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12-SP2:Update update project.