The openSUSE 13.1 kernel was updated to fix bugs and security issues.
The following security bugs were fixed:
- CVE-2016-8666: The IP stack in the Linux kernel allowed remote attackers
to cause a denial of service (stack consumption and panic) or possibly
have unspecified other impact by triggering use of the GRO path for
packets with tunnel stacking, as demonstrated by interleaved IPv4
headers and GRE headers, a related issue to CVE-2016-7039 (bnc#1001486).
- CVE-2016-5195: A local privilege escalation using MAP_PRIVATE was fixed,
which is reportedly exploited in the wild (bsc#1004418).
The following non-security bugs were fixed:
- sched/core: Fix a race between try_to_wake_up() and a woken up task
- sched/core: Fix an SMP ordering race in try_to_wake_up() vs. schedule()
- tunnels: Do not apply GRO to multiple layers of encapsulation