Vulnerability Recommended Actions
If you are running a version listed in the Versions known to be vulnerable column, you can eliminate this vulnerability by upgrading to a version listed in the Versions known to be not vulnerable column. If the table lists only an older version than what you are currently running, or does not list a non-vulnerable version, then no upgrade candidate currently exists.
To mitigate this vulnerability, you can use the tcpdump utility to perform packet captures instead of the tshark utility. For information about the tcpdump utility, refer to SOL411: Overview of packet tracing with the tcpdump utility.
BIG-IP, BIG-IQ, and Enterprise Manager
- This vulnerability is remotely exploitable only when an administrative user of the device is actively using the tshark utility, and the tshark utility receives attack packets as described in the CVEs.
- The tshark utility does not run as a process on F5 devices, and the tshark utility is not used by any F5 processes.
- The tcpdump utility is not affected by the CVEs listed in this article.
- SOL9970: Subscribing to email notifications regarding F5 products
- SOL9957: Creating a custom RSS feed to view new and updated documents
- SOL4918: Overview of the F5 critical issue hotfix policy
- SOL167: Downloading software and firmware from F5
- SOL4602: Overview of the F5 security vulnerability response policy