Vulnerability Recommended Actions
If you are running a version listed in the Versions known to be vulnerable column, you can eliminate this vulnerability by upgrading to a version listed in the Versions known to be not vulnerable column. If the table lists only an older version than what you are currently running, or does not list a non-vulnerable version, then no upgrade candidate currently exists.
To mitigate this vulnerability for Traffix SDC, you can perform the following tasks:
- Disable the Intelligent Plaform Management Interface (IPMI) if it is not needed. If you must use IPMI, use a separate management LAN or VLAN, Access Control Lists (ACLs), or VPN to limit and restrict access to your iLO management interfaces.
- Maintain the latest IPMI version and Baseboard Management Controller (BMC) firmware that contains the most recent security patches.
- Employ best practices in the management of the protocols and passwords on your systems and networks.
- Use strong passwords.
- SOL9970: Subscribing to email notifications regarding F5 products
- SOL9957: Creating a custom RSS feed to view new and updated documents
- SOL4602: Overview of the F5 security vulnerability response policy
- SOL4918: Overview of the F5 critical issue hotfix policy
- SOL167: Downloading software and firmware from F5