Vulnerability Recommended Actions
To mitigate this vulnerability, you can stop the Data Manager Service when not in use. To do so, perform the following procedure:
Impact of action: Performing the following procedure should not have a negative impact on your system.
- Log in as admin to Data Manager Web Application.
- In the left navigation tree, click Tasks.
- Ensure that all tasks are completed (or canceled) before proceeding.
- Close the Data Manager Web Application.
- From the Programs menu, open the Data Manager Control Panel.
- Click the Main tab.
- In the Service Status section, click the Stop button.
When necessary, you can restart the Data Manager Service by clicking the Start button.
F5 would like to acknowledge Andrea Micalizzi (rgod) working with HP's Zero Day Initiative for bringing this issue to our attention, and for following the highest standards of responsible disclosure.
- SOL9970: Subscribing to email notifications regarding F5 products
- SOL9957: Creating a custom RSS feed to view new and updated documents
- SOL4602: Overview of the F5 security vulnerability response policy
- SOL4918: Overview of the F5 critical issue hotfix policy
- SOL167: Downloading software and firmware from F5