Reporter Cloud Foundry
Cloud Foundry Foundation
- cf-release versions prior to v261
- UAA release:
- 2.x versions prior to v188.8.131.52
- 3.6.x versions prior to v3.6.11
- 3.9.x versions prior to v3.9.13
- Other versions prior to v4.2.0
- UAA bosh release (uaa-release):
- 13.x versions prior to v13.15
- 24.x versions prior to v24.10
- 30.x versions prior to 30.3
- Other versions prior to v37
Any user or client can access the invitations endpoint to generate a code and perform a password reset for a different user in the system.
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation or upgrade:
- Upgrade to Cloud Foundry v261  or later
- For standalone UAA users:
- For users using UAA Version 3.0.0 – 3.17.0, please upgrade to UAA Release to v3.18.0  or v3.9.13  or v3.6.11 
- For users using standalone UAA Version 2.X.X, please upgrade to UAA Release to v184.108.40.206 
- For users using UAA-Release (UAA bosh release), please upgrade to UAA-Release v30.3  if upgrading to v3.18.0  or v24.10  if upgrading to v3.9.13  and v13.15  if upgrading to v3.6.11 
- For users using the latest version, please upgrade to v37 .
This vulnerability was responsibly reported by the GE Digital Security Team.
2017-05-19: Initial vulnerability report published