Reporter Cloud Foundry
- Canonical Ubuntu 16.04
- Canonical Ubuntu 18.04
It was discovered that elfutils incorrectly handled certain malformed files. If a user or automated system were tricked into processing a specially crafted file, elfutils could be made to crash or consume resources, resulting in a denial of service.
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2018-16062, CVE-2018-16402, CVE-2018-16403, CVE-2018-18310, CVE-2018-18520, CVE-2018-18521, CVE-2019-7149, CVE-2019-7150, CVE-2019-7665
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is low unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH xenial-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 315.x versions prior to 315.41
- 250.x versions prior to 250.63
- 170.x versions prior to 170.82
- 97.x versions prior to 97.113
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs3 prior to 0.99.0
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH xenial-stemcells:
- Upgrade 315.x versions to 315.41
- Upgrade 250.x versions to 250.63
- Upgrade 170.x versions to 170.82
- Upgrade 97.x versions to 97.113
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs3 version 0.99.0 or later.