Reporter Cloud Foundry
It was discovered that OpenSSL incorrectly parsed the IPAddressFamily extension in X.509 certificates, resulting in an erroneous display of the certificate in text format. (CVE-2017-3735)
It was discovered that OpenSSL incorrectly performed the x86_64 Montgomery squaring procedure. While unlikely, a remote attacker could possibly use this issue to recover private keys. This issue only applied to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, Ubuntu 16.10 and Ubuntu 17.04. (CVE-2017-3736)
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3421.x versions prior to 3421.32
- 3445.x versions prior to 3445.17
- 3468.x versions prior to 3468.11
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to 1.166.0
OSS users are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH stemcells:
- Upgrade 3421.x versions prior to 3421.32
- Upgrade 3445.x versions prior to 3445.17
- Upgrade 3468.x versions prior to 3468.11
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 version 1.166.0 or later.