Reporter Leslie Marcotte
To make CB Connect 2019 even more exciting, we’re hosting a Twitter contest to see who can rack up the most engagement on Twitter. If you want to participate, just share your thoughts about CB Connect 2019 on Twitter by telling us what you’ve learned, which sessions you liked most, who you got to meet, etc. Photos and videos are encouraged, but are not required.
One catch, you must add #CBConnect19 and tag @CarbonBlack_Inc in each Tweet so we can find it. Here are the details:
- Two $250 gift cards will be rewarded (one for each day of CB Connect 2019) to people who use the conference hashtag #CBConnect19 and tag @CarbonBlack_Inc in a Tweet. The winner each day will be the person whose Tweet receives the highest level of engagement (calculated based on the combined number of “retweets” and “likes” for a Tweet). The more engagement your Tweets receive, the better your chances are to win.
- Entries are valid for Tweets published on Tuesday, June 4th and Wednesday, June 5th, 2019. Be sure to Tweet on both days to enter in both giveaways.
- The winner for each day will be calculated on the following morning, and each winner will receive a $250 gift card.
- Each winner will need to claim their gift card within one day of being notified, and can do so by sending a direct message via Twitter to @CarbonBlack_Inc on Twitter to exchange all required information.
- Sorry Carbon Black employees, you’re not eligible to win. Maybe next time!
Full rules and regulations are listed below. We look forward to seeing you at conference and remember, use #CBConnect19 and tag @CarbonBlack_Inc on Twitter to enter!
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility: This contest is open only to individuals over age 18 that have an active public Twitter account. Carbon Black, Inc. employees and their relatives, agents, and representatives are not eligible to win.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Carbon Black, Inc. as final and binding as it relates to the content of this contest.
- Contest Period: Eligible entries must be published on June 4, 2019 between 12:00 a.m. PDT and 11:59 p.m. PDT, and on June 5, 2019 between 12:00 a.m. PDT and 11:59 p.m. PDT.
- How to Enter: The contest must be entered by submitting a Tweet on the social media platform Twitter using the hashtag #CBConnect19 and tagging @CarbonBlack_Inc. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Carbon Black, Inc. You may enter more than once by Tweeting multiple times from a single account using #CBConnect19 and tagging @CarbonBlack_Inc, but your volume of Tweets will not be a factor in selection. You must provide the information requested. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Carbon Black, Inc.
- Prizes: Two (2) Winners will be selected; one forJune 4, 2019 and one for June 5, 2019. The Winners of the two daily contests (each a “Winner”) will each receive one (1) gift card valued at $250. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Carbon Black, Inc. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Carbon Black, Inc.’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Carbon Black, Inc. to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of promotion, advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be determined by Carbon Black, Inc. and will be strictly based on the following criteria: the winning entry each day of the contest will be the Tweet that garners the highest level of engagement (calculated based on the combined number of “retweets” and “likes” for a Tweet) as calculated at 9:00 a.m. PDT on the day following each contest period day. Winners will be notified by Twitter. Carbon Black, Inc. shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within one (1) day from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT CARBON BLACK, INC.’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content, You understand and agree that Carbon Black, Inc., anyone acting on behalf of Carbon Black, Inc., and Carbon Black, Inc. licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that Your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If Your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Carbon Black, Inc., and agree to indemnify Carbon Black, Inc., its employees, officers, licensees, successors and assigns, from any resulting costs, damages or expenses.
- Terms & Conditions: Carbon Black, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Carbon Black, Inc.’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the contest. In such case, Carbon Black, Inc. may, at its discretion, decide to select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Carbon Black, Inc. Carbon Black, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Carbon Black, Inc. has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Carbon Black, Inc. reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Carbon Black, Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the contest; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the contest or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS WITHOUT RESPECT TO ITS CONFLICT OF LAW RULES. As a condition of participating in this contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Boston, Massachusetts having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the contest is Carbon Black, Inc., 1100 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451. Twitter, Inc. “TWITTER”, “TWEET”, “RETWEET” and the Twitter logo are trademarks of Twitter, Inc. or its affiliates. Use of the Twitter trademarks herein does not imply sponsorship or endorsement by Twitter of Carbon Black, Inc. of this contest.
The post Twitter Contest! Enter to Win a $250 Gift Card at #CBConnect19 appeared first on Carbon Black.